Canadian RCMP Murdered Man With Tasers and Pile-On at Vancouver Airport

An eyewitness’s video recording of a man dying after being stunned with a Taser by police on October 14th at Vancouver International Airport has been released to the public. The 10-minute video recording clearly shows four RCMP officers talking to Robert Dziekanski while he is standing with his back to a counter and with his arms lowered by his sides, but his hands are not visible. About 25 seconds after police enter the secure area where he is, there is a loud crack that sounds like a Taser shot, followed by Dziekanski screaming and convulsing as he stumbles and falls to the floor. Watch the video, filmed by Paul Pritchard, here at
Another loud crack can be heard as an officer appears to fire one more Taser shot into Dziekanski. As the officers kneel on top of Dziekanski and handcuff him, he continues to scream and convulse on the floor. One officer is heard to say, “Hit him again. Hit him again,” and there is another loud cracking sound.

Police have said only two Taser shots were fired, but a witness said she heard up to four Taser shots. A minute and half after the first Taser shot was fired Dziekanski stops moaning and convulsing and becomes still and silent. Shortly after, the officers appear to be checking his condition and one officer is heard to say, “code red.” The video ends shortly after. Minutes later, ambulance attendants arrived but their efforts to revive Dziekanski were unsuccessful and he was declared dead.

RCMP spokesman Cpl. Dale Carr said no one can judge what happened to Dziekanski by just watching the video. “It’s just one piece of evidence, one person’s view. There are many people that we have spoken to,” RCMP spokesman Cpl. Dale Carr said at a press conference Wednesday afternoon. “What I urge is that those watching the video, take note of that. Put what they’ve seen aside for the time being. And wait to hear the totality of the evidence at the time of the inquest,” Carr said.

But retired superintendent Ron Foyle, a 33-year veteran of the Vancouver police who saw the video tape, said he didn’t know “why it ever became a police incident … It didn’t seem that he made any threatening gestures towards them,” Foyle said. Much of the video was shot through the glass walls that separate the international arrivals lounge from a secure area outside the Canada Customs exit.

The video was recorded in three segments. The first segment shows Dziekanski before police arrive. Four RCMP officers subdue Robert Dziekanski after stunning him with a Taser on Oct. 14 at Vancouver airport. He is clearly agitated, yelling in Polish, and appears to be sweating. He can be seen taking office chairs and putting them in front of the security doors. He then picks up a small table, which he holds, while a woman in the arrivals lounge calmly speaks to him in apparent effort to calm him down.

In the second segment, Dziekanski picks up a computer and throws it to the ground. Three airport personnel arrive and block the exit from the secure area, but Dziekanski retreats inside and does not threaten them. Then four RCMP officers arrive in the lounge. Someone can be heard mentioning the word Tasers. Someone replies, “Yes,” as the officers approach the security doors. Police have said repeatedly that there were only three RCMP officers involved in the incident, but the video shows four men in RCMP uniforms. People in the lounge can be heard clearly telling the police Dziekanski speaks no English, only Russian. His mother later said he only spoke Polish.

Police enter the secure area with no problems and can be seen with Dziekanski standing calmly talking with officers. They appear to direct him to stand against a wall, which he does. As he is standing there, one of the officers shoots him with a Taser. RCMP officers have also said police did not use pepper spray because of the large number of people at the airport at the time. But the video shows Dziekanski standing alone with the four officers in an otherwise empty area, which is separated from the public area by a thick glass wall.

Paul Pritchard shot the video with his digital camera, but afterward he surrendered it to police for their investigation on a promise that they would return it within 48 hours. The next day, police told Pritchard they would not be returning the recording as promised. Carr previously stated investigators kept the video longer than they anticipated in order to protect the integrity of the police investigation while they interviewed witnesses. Saying he feared a coverup by police, Pritchard then engaged a lawyer to start legal proceedings to reclaim the recording. Police returned the recording to him on Wednesday.

Dziekanski, 40, died on Oct. 14, hours after he arrived at Vancouver International Airport. He was on his way to Kamloops to live with his mother in the B.C. Interior. The Polish immigrant arrived from Europe the previous day around 4 p.m., but for some unknown reason he did not clear customs until after midnight. Dziekanski’s mother had already returned home to Kamloops after waiting for several hours at the airport. She claims airport officials offered her no help locating her son.

The RCMP’s integrated homicide investigation team, the B.C. coroner’s service, the Vancouver International Airport Authority and the Commission for Public Complaints Against the RCMP are each conducting their own investigations into the incident.

– Article from, where photos and video can be viewed

Be sure to visit, a fantastic resource filled with the brutal facts about the RCMP’s history and current-day abuses and cover-ups.


Cold-blooded Cops Kill

To read the barbarous and murderous history of the RCMP, written by CC Editor Marc Emery, as well as incredibly timely information on what to do if you see Canadian police murdering a citizen or brutalizing them, go here: Tips on Surviving an Encounter With The RCMP.

Thankfully, Paul Pritchard was on the alert for imminent murder when one of the RCMP are heard asking a superior “Can I taser him?” even before encountering Robert Dziekanski. The homicide was premeditated, as two RCMP use Tasers, then one more applies the same knee-on-neck pressure that RCMP in Vernon used on Cannabis Activist Neil Magnuson earlier this summer with non-fatal results (see that video of RCMP brutality here).

The RCMP originally claimed Dziekanski resisted, but like everything that comes out of an RCMP’s officers mouth, its all lies and self-serving rationalization. Three RCMP officers are complicit in a murder but I would take a bet from anyone that these killer KKKops won’t even lose a day’s pay, let alone be dismissed, fired, let alone charged with manslaughter or criminal negligence resulting in death or outright homicide.
Police explanation to Dziekanski’s murder by police:
“It’s just one piece of evidence, one person’s view. There are many people that we have spoken to,” RCMP spokesman Cpl. Dale Carr said at a press conference Wednesday afternoon.

What did RCMP say after all the evidence showed the RCMP murdered Ian Bush and covered it all up?
Here is the brief synopsis of murder & cover-up of Ian Bush of Smithers, British Columbia…

***The night of the shooting, RCMP officers didn’t ask Const. Paul Koester what happened; they supported him, told him it wasn’t his fault and advised him to get a lawyer. Officers testified at the inquest that they considered Koester a victim. Ambulance attendants were initially denied access to the detachment. Bush’s body was left there for 24 hours, allowing decomposition that made the eventual autopsy more difficult. RCMP officers attended the autopsy and offered theories about what might have happened to the pathologist. He forgot to examine a visible (over 8 inches in area) bruise on Bush’s thigh. Koester didn’t provide a statement on what happened until 18 days after the shooting. Then, it was a written statement prepared with the help of a lawyer. He shredded his original handwritten notes after the RCMP investigators said they didn’t want to see them. And RCMP investigators didn’t interview him until three months after the shooting. Then, they asked only the questions that they had provided to Koester’s lawyers two days in advance of the meeting. No one in Canada — including police officers — has to answer police questions. But if the shooter had been anyone other than a fellow Mountie, would investigators really have patiently waited three months for the first interview? Would they have missed the chance to interview a person involved in a shooting that first night? Most people expect RCMP officers to have loyalty to the force and fellow Mounties. That’s expected. It also makes it essential that they not be in charge of investigating possible wrongdoing by fellow officers. In this case, the RCMP investigators accepted Koester’s eventual statement that Bush attacked him. He was kneeling, the officer said, with Bush choking him from behind. He feared for his life, pulled his gun, reached around behind his back and shot Bush in the back of the head. But at the inquest, RCMP investigators couldn’t demonstrate how that was physically possible. One of Canada’s leading blood-splatter experts testified the shooting could not have happened in the way the RCMP claimed. No one except Koester knows what happened that night.

When journalist Gary Mason of The Globe and Mail asked the RCMP media department about numerous contradictory facts relating to the Bush death that the RCMP were evading or stonewalling, Constable John Ward stated, “The public doesn’t have a right to know anything.”

So what we have is more Dead men and a murdering national police force that gets away with brutality and homicide and cover-up every day.