Marijuana Phytotherapy: How to Make Cannabis Whole Plant Resin
You have probably heard of the "major cancer epidemic" going on today, where it is estimated that "one in every two men" and "one in every three women" get cancer in their lifetimes. If not, please see 10:30 of this clip from the film The Corporation. This cancer-rate estimate came before the Fukushima nuclear accident that is currently dumping radiation all over the world.
Perhaps you have heard of cannabis's reputation as a tumor-shrinking medicine? Apparently the US Government knew this back in 1974 and kept it secret.
Have you seen the US patents on cannabis? This is just one of thousands.
But the latest wave of cancer-related cannabis videos involves the juicing of raw cannabis leaves and buds. This method allows a person to consume much greater amounts of the medicinal ingredients in a juice form than they could if they were just eating raw cannabis leaves or buds (which are hard to swallow and digest due to the scratchy texture).
We all have an Endo-Cannabinoid System (ECS) in our bodies. That system regulates our health and well-being.
When a human being reaches mid-life, the inflammatory arm of the immune system takes on characteristics of an autoimmune disorder for which
the Conditionally Essential Cannabinoid Acids (CECAs) provide unique prophylactic and therapeutic relief.
Cannabinoids effect on diabetes, cancer, autoimmune disorders and ischemic conditions qualify them for recognition as Essential Cannabinoid Acids across the entire life span. Cannabis is a uniquely functional food and if used in its natural state daily, provides more than just nutritional benefits. Smoking does help reduce the symptoms of many conditions but in general it does not work on a curative level like oral consumption does.
One of the benefits of juicing raw cannabis is that, if you manage to avoid heating the cannabis, it isn't psychoactive. This proves cannabis is, at heart, a vegetable, and in it's best form a preventative medicine. Try to consume the juice 3-5 times per day (the metaphor is like a deer grazes). The cannabinoids do their job in the body in about 15 minutes, so supplementing your Endo Cannabinoid System (ECS) all day would be the most ideal treatment program for all sorts of illness and is good for people who want to get rid of their tumors as fast as possible.
If you happen to be a cannabis grower or know a cannabis grower who can provide you with raw plant material, the videos LEAF: The Health Benefits of Juicing Raw Cannabis and The Power of Raw Cannabis may be some use to you.
If you don't grow or know any growers and only have access to the dry cannabis buds, try this recipe for a buds-only treatment.
Suggested treatment for someone with cancer is 6 ounces or more. This recipe is for 3 ounces.
- Grind/crush 3 ounces of well-dried top-quality cannabis buds
- Put cannabis in 20 liters of cold water and stir for 15 minutes
- Pour through a strainer or the largest micron size of bubble bag - don't throw out the buds, stems and leaves yet!
- Let mixture settle 15-30 min. The crystal/trichomes/hash/kief will fall down and settle on the bottom
- Pour/Siphon the water into another pot, leaving the kief mixture behind. Once you pour out most of the water (to about 1/2 inch from the bottom) pour out kief mixture and set aside
- Boil down the water you poured out on mid temperature (7) on the stove burner
- Keep an eye on the water as it reduces and scrape and stir in the oils that form around the sides of the pot.
- Repeat the process with another 20 liters of cold water for a second wash.
- Keep boiling it down to a black, sticky substance - slowly reducing the temp as the water evaporates - don't burn it. (As the mixture thickens add it to the final reduction sauce pan)
- Take the second batch of water and boil it down too. (I use a separate sauce pan to do the final lower temp reduction in.)
- Put the left over cannabis in another pot with water and boil it too, several times. Add the water to the final reduction pan when it becomes thick like a milky tea.
- Now add the kief mixture you had set aside to the black, sticky pot-water reductions, slowly bringing the temperature down. As the water evaporates take it off the heat and put it back on, that helps to not to burn the resin. The end result is something that looks like very sticky black hash.
This cannabis resin is water-soluble and can be added back into water to treat burns and heal wounds and be added to teas.
The normal dose for most people is 1/2 the size of a single grain of rice, 3-5 times per day. Slowly increase your dose when you become used to the medicine by 1/2 rice-size increments until you are taking about a gram a day. If you start to experience an uncomfortable "high" then dial back on the dose untill you have a comfortable platform to move to the next increase in doseage. The point is to be taking as much of this as your body is able to tolerate. You cannot die of overdose, but you might get paranoid and feel like you're going to die if you take too much. Start small and slowly build your way up to a larger dose.
Watch Herb the Herbalist give a LIVE demonstration of cannabis juicing and resin extracting on Pot TV.