Quebec will soon decide if it will open supervised-injection clinics in the wake of the Supreme Court ruling, the province’s health minister said Tuesday.
Yves Bolduc said his government is weighing the implications of last week’s decision that ruled Vancouver’s Insite should stay open.
Public-health authorities are considering opening centres in Montreal and Quebec City.
With the court’s ruling, proponents of injection sites hope the government will clear the remaining obstacle and provide funding.
“The decision is a very positive signal and we hope it will help the minister make up his mind,” said Mario Gagnon, who heads a group pushing for a supervisedinjection site in the city.
– Article originally from The Province.