THE DRUG POLICY FOUNDATION’S
Student Paper Competition
Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to submit an originalwork that focuses on any aspect of drug policy reform. The Foundation ishosting this competition to promote the study of drug policy and relatedissues by college and graduate students.
- Papers should be from 2500 to 5000 words.
- Submissions may be written specifically for the competition or they maybe products of previous assignments.
- Three awards will be given to undergraduate and graduate students.
Papers Are Due
Monday, September 15, 1997
Possible Topics Include
The War on Drugs – Drugs and Kids – Treatment Programs – Drugs in the MediaDrug Education Programs – Legalization – Decriminalization – MarijuanaPolicy – The Prison System and Drugs – HIV/AIDS – Needle Exchange Programs -The Criminal Justice System – International Drug Policies – Medicalization
Do not limit submissions to these suggestions. Any topic in the area ofdrug policy will be accepted.
- First Place:
- Airfare and Hotel Accommodations to attend the 11th InternationalConference on Drug Policy Reform in New Orleans; an award presentedduring the conference; and publication of the paper in the conferencemanual.
- Second Place:
- An award presented during the conference; and publication of thepaper in the conference manual.
- Third Place:
- Publication of the paper in the conference manual.
For Further Information, PleaseContact
Whitney A. Taylor, The Drug Polict Foundation
4455 Conneticut Ave., NW, Suite B-500, Washington, DC 20008-2302
email: [email protected]
Back to HempBC. Leave us Feedback?
Websmoker Karlis [email protected]