The Lindesmith Center – Drug Policy Foundation 2001 International Conference Wednesday – Saturday, May 30 – June 2, 2001. Hyatt Regency, Albuquerque and the Albuquerque Convention Center.
Both a political convention and a crash course in cutting edge drug policy issues, topics will include:
* Medical marijuana
* Ecstasy and club drugs
* The emerging youth and student movement
* Wasting taxpayer money
* Racism and the drug war
* Prison overcrowding and criminal justice
* Republican and Democratic leaders speak out, including Governor Gary Johnson of New Mexico
* Ditching D.A.R.E
* Syringe availability and the spread of AIDS
* Hallucinogens and religious freedom
* Asset forfeiture reform
* New Mexico’s groundbreaking new laws
* Cocaine and pregnancy
* Preventing heroin overdose
* Drug use and personal freedom
* User advocacy
* Media training, Web activism AND MORE!
This conference is organized by the recently merged Lindesmith Center-Drug Policy Foundation. Our goals are to end the current war on drugs and to begin a new approach based on common sense, science, public health and human rights.