Dear Hemp Friends,
In less than 2 weeks the 4th Annual HANFPARADE2000 (hemp parade 2000) will lead through the German capital of Berlin. On Saturday, August 19th, we meet around 2 p.m. at the Alexanderplatz for the largest annual European hemp event. www.hanflobby.de/hanfparade/ (This site is in German)
The final open air after the parade will start about 4 p.m. at the “Strasse des 17. Juni,” right in front of the famous “Brandenburger Tor” (Brandenburg Gate) with a lot of hemp goods and a big main stage for speeches and performances.
By the way – still we’re looking for some companies that might be interested in doing some advertising on our main stage. So far we’ll have banners from Smoking Papers (Spain), Udopea (Germany) and Trend Center (Switzerland). A square meter advertisment “on stage” costs 300 DEM this year… PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING.
We’re happy that the media response is extremely positive this year – all of the daily newspapers have already announced the event and will do so again next week. All the city magazines feature the parade and the hempy after hour parties so we can expect a lot more people for the HANFPARADE than last year. Even the biggest Berlin internet event service (www.berlin.de) describes the hemp parade as a “top event”: www.berlin.de/home/KuF/Redaktion/Topevents/hanfparade.htm (in german)
What will make the parade attractive to the people? We hope, that on the first hand they come to fight hemp-prohibition. Like the previous years’ events, we want to make this enjoyable so we’ve arranged:
– The “market of opportunities” offering a wide range of hemp products on about 150 stands;
– An information area educating people about the multiple uses of industrial hemp.
– Our speakers’ corner will try to get opinions out of everybody – just like at Hyde Park in London.
– The “Tour de Hanf” will come from Switzerland for the 3rd year now. These bicyclists like to show that being a “pothead” does not mean not being a sportsman.
– If this isn’t enough, we also have 20 trucks with an individual program for the parade and the 10 biggest / most beautiful trucks for the final open air area.
You might have a impression on what will go on here. If not – here are some photos of last year’s event: www.hanflobby.de/hanfparade/99/fotos/
For more english information check this one out: www.hanflobby.de/hanfparade/2000/akt-eng.html
We are always intersted in linking each others hempy websites: www.hanflobby.de/hanfparade/network/
Please don’t hesitate to contact me weekly in between 2 p.m and 8 p.m. by phone: 0049-30-29 49 02 01 or any time on my mobile: 0049-170-295 67 67
on behalf of “B?ndnis Hanfparade e.V.”
B?ndnis Hanfparade e.V.
c/o Hanf Museum Berlin