Every July 4th, Augie, a 4-year-old Chihuahua mix, would go into freak-out mode. He trembled. He refused to eat, sleep or let anyone pick him up. His owners tried giving him Xanax for his fireworks phobia.
“He would act like your worst drunk friend at a bar who picks fights with everyone,” said Liz Hughston, an emergency veterinary technician in San Jose. “He’d be running around barking at everything, then he’d pass out for an hour. Then we’d have to dose him again.”
This year, Hughston gave the 8-pound dog Treatibles cannabis chews made for pets.
– Read the entire article at East Bay Times.