A 36-year-old man from Gull Lake faces several charges after his 20-month old son spent two days in intensive care after getting his hands on some cookies with marijuana in them.
Swift Current Rural RCMP were called to that city’s hospital, where the 20-month old was unresponsive, on Jan. 11, according to Cpl. Scott Hunter of Swift Current RCMP.
The child’s father was arrested that day, Hunter said.
After an investigation, the father was accused of making the marijuana cookies and the boy was “given access” to them, according to a news release. The boy overdosed on marijuana and had severe seizures, but survived.
– Read the entire article at The Star Phoenix.