Next up on my cannabis culinary hit parade is the time-honored tradition of the marijuana brownie.
Who wants to deal with anaphylactic shock syndrome whilst super-high on brownies? Not me. That’s why I replace the popular additive of nuts with finely ground dark french coffee beans. Dark coffee and dark chocolate are bright lights in my mouth.
Throw in some of BC’s finest and I dare say we have a winner. The coffee also acts as a nice stimulant to counter the sedating effects of the marijuana. Like the popular heroin and cocaine speed-ball combination, only way better for you.
Top this mouth-watering liquid/solid loveliness (a perfect brownie looks part liquid and part solid, if done just right) with Marijuana Brandy Whip Cream. Your going to have to start your brandy a couple of weeks before if you don’t keep some on hand at all times like I do.
After you eat this delicious brownie and get the munchies, try not to eat more delicious brownie or you’ll wind up eating even more delicious brownie. Oh the delicious vicious cycle!
No Frownie Brownie
10 grams *shake flour
7 ounces dark chocolate
8 ounces butter (chopped/cubed)
1.75 cups brown sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup flour (sifted)
1/4 tsp b. powder
1/4 cup dark coffee (finely ground)
1. Pre-heat oven to 320 F
2. In sauce pan slowly melt shake flour and butter on low heat for 10 minutes
3. Put the chocolate in the sauce pan and turn off heat stirring constantly till melted
4. In a separate bowl combine sugar, eggs, cocoa, flour, b. powder, and coffee
5. Add slightly cooled chocolate mixture and mix all ingredients together thoroughly
6. Lightly flour base of 9 inch pan and line with parchment paper
7. Pour dough into pan and bake for 30 minutes
8. Let cool completely before serving
Marijuana Brandy Whip Cream
1 cup heavy cream kept cold
2 tbsp. Sugar (granulate or powdered)
3 tbsp. Marijuana brandy (recipe below)
Use a whisk or beaters.
1 cold mixing bowl left in the fridge or freezer for one hour prior to using.
1. Pour cold cream into cold bowl and begin mixing on a lower speed.
2. As it thickens you can slowly up the speed.
3. Just before it begins to form soft peak slowly add the sugar and marijuana brandy.
4. Do not over whip or you will have marijuana brandy butter.
5. Serve on top of your favorite recipe or eat alone with a spoon.
1 bottle of brandy (preferably with high alcohol content)
1 Mason jar with tight fitting lid
Enough marijuana leaves to pack the jar.
1. Pour brandy over marijuana packed jar and screw the lid on tightly.
2. Write the date you did this on tape and place on the jar.
3. Store in a warm dry place for approximately three weeks. Shake every once in a while.
4. Strain off liquid with sieve and pour into a clean glass jar ready to serve or use in your favourite cocktail recipe.