CANNABIS CULTURE – The Marijuana Conference, the first event covering business, legal, health, and the political issues surrounding the growing debate over marijuana, will take place on October 25 and 26 in New York City.
The event will cover all of the business and investment issues related to the growing, distribution, and sale of marijuana and will feature in-depth analysis from a wide array of investment, legal, and medical experts.
The event is being billed by organizers as the first “non-biased” marijuana event, and will look at both the pros and cons of marijuana legalization from a business perspective.
The Marijuana Conference website says, “insurance companies, physicians, attorneys, financial institutions and pharmaceutical companies are all taking a serious look at the business of marijuana,” and asks, “what are the ethical issues at stake and what is the forecasted impact on crime? How do cutting edge developments in research change the landscape?”
Organizers expect film crews from The Discovery Channel and National Geographic to be in attendance. CNBC anchor Trish Regan has been added to the agenda as the moderator for the panel discussion titled “Entrepreneurial Vision: The Business of Marijuana”. Ms. Regan is the host of the CNBC documentary “Marijuana Inc.” and the upcoming sequel. CNBC will be covering the event as part of the documentary.
Featured speakers include:
* Stephen D’Angelo, Executive Director, Harborside Health Center
* Lester Grinspoon, MD, Associate Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
* Trish Regan, CNBC Anchor, Host of “Marijuana Inc.”
* Andrea Barthwell, Former Deputy Director for Demand Reduction, Executive Office of The President
* Jill Lamoureux, Boulder County Caregivers & CDS Management Services
* Joel W. Hay, PhD, Professor of Pharmaceutical Economics & Policy, University of Southern California
* Senator Joshua Miller (D), Rhode Island State Senate
* Dr. Robert Melamede, Cannabis Science
* Jeffrey A. Miron, Director of Undergraduate Studies, Department of Economics, Harvard University
* David E. Smith MD. Founder, Haight Ashbury Free Medical Clinic
The Business of Marijuana & Areas for Investment
* Economics of Dispensaries: Is there a viable business in medical dispensaries?
* Investing in the Business of Marijuana: What are the issues related to investment in the growing, distribution, or sale of marijuana?
* Future Funding of Deals: Is this an institutional market for investment or is the federal landscape overshadowing opportunity?
* Entrepreneurial Vision: How large is the market, and how can small businesses position themselves for profit as the market expands?
* Business Ethics: Medical marijuana and the workplace
* The International Market: Analyzing the global business of marijuana
* M&A Opportunities: Will the marijuana industry become a major M&A opportunity?
Legal & Regulatory Framework
* State vs. Federal Issues: What is the present state of federal and state laws?
*Legal Structure of Investments: How are dispensaries structuring start-up capital investment?
* Tax Implications: What are the pros and cons of legalized marijuana from a tax perspective?
* Understanding regulation on a state and federal level
* Exploring 2010/2011 Legislation: What it means for manufacturing and distribution businesses
Consumer & Health Issues
* Synthetics and Health Issues: How are synthetics impacting marijuana usage, and what are the related health concerns?
* Cutting Edge Developments in Research and Products
* Mainstream Involvement – Insurance companies, attorneys, merchant payment solutions, financial institutions, and pharmaceutical companies
* A Statistical Analysis of Dependency, Death, and Crime
To register call DealFlow Media at (516) 876-8006 or visit http://www.themarijuanaconference.com