This incredible movie, Part 2 of “The Principle of Pot”, is about Marc’s marijuana freedom-fighting career and Canada’s cannabis legalization battle. It uses tons of media, interviews, and old news footage to document the story of MARC EMERY and how CANADA almost legalized cannabis! MUST-SEE!
Watch it tonight, and learn all about how:
– Marc came to Vancouver in 1994, kick-started Canada’s marijuana movement, and became world-famous as the PRINCE OF POT
– Cannabis was almost LEGAL in Canada in 2003 with help from Marc’s efforts and money, “Summer of Legalization” tour, and more
– Marc funded the marijuana movement in Canada and the USA with millions in marijuana seed money for a decade
– The USA stopped legalization from happening in Canada in 2003, and the Vancouver Police were behind the US extradition request in 2005 after Canada refused to charge him in 2003
– Marc went to prison in September 2009, but is currently free on bail awaiting the Justice Minister’s decision on extradition
– The Conservative Party of Canada is “tough on crime” and “anti-drugs” but also in a difficult position: should they extradite Marc Emery to the USA, potentially violating law and enraging millions of people, or should they keep him in Canada?
Click HERE to watch the full movie in a playlist
This is an AMAZING collection of footage and facts documents Canada’s brush with marijuana legalization, and PROVES that MARC EMERY has been the most important, pivotal player in Canadian and American cannabis activism history. Please watch and share!
P.S. Part One of “The Principle of Pot”, which has 4 segments, is available here.
In this segment: “The Emperor Wears No Clothes”; marijuana book censorship; The 2 Live Crew (cont’d); why marijuana was made illegal; a failed strategy; Sunday shopping success; good bye London, hello India; from civil disobedience to civil rights movement; millions of law-breakers: the oppression of the marijuana people; morality and heroism: Roark versus Jesus; the Howard Roark of Cannabis?; facts versus warmth and sensitivity; “seething hatred for the state”; Jesus of Nazareth.
In this segment: 1994-2001 – Emery’s Plan; Hemp BC; Cannabis Canada; U.S. interference; Cannabis Culture; raids on Hemp BC; Marc Emery Direct seeds; Pot TV; Cannabis Culture; Marijuana Party of Canada; BC Marijuana Party; Vansterdam.
In this segment: Iboga Therapy House; 2002 Vancouver Mayoral election; 2002 Canadian Senate Report on Marijuana; Emery visits the U.S Drug Czar; 2003: the summer of legalization and the winter of our discontent; the hand-off.
In this segment: from abstract principles to concrete allegations of fact; a liar with guns; the NDP, socialism, and libertarianism; 90 days imprisonment for passing a joint; the bible, the Christians, and the marijuana people; prophesy and destiny.
In this segment: 2005 raid on Marc Emery’s Cannabis Culture HQ; arrest of Marc Emery, Michelle Rainey, and Greg Williams; U.S. DEA Extradition request; plea deals; North Fraser Pre-Trial; 2010 Olympics; Scott Reid, Libby Davies, and Ujjal Dosanjh petitions in the House of Commons / Parliament; Stephen Harper on YouTube; marijuana legalization; death of Jack Herer.
In this segment: the issues facing Canada’s Justice Minister, Rob Nicholson, as he makes his decision about whether or not to extradite Marc Emery to the United States of America; analysis of Emery’s 20 year strategy, including its philosophical and practical implications.